The battle between the mind and heart

3:00:00 AM




It's down to one more month to our first Anniversary. 
Truly mind-boggling how fast time flies.
Just not too long ago I dreaded being in a relationship because I was determined that being in a relationship was too much of a hassle and I was having so much fun being single. 

Sometime ago, I quoted myself, "A girl with a mixed up soul." I was confused, messed up and upset.
Deep down, I knew what was going on. I was fighting with my own heart to fall in love.
For so long I had a wall built up in my heart, preventing anyone from getting too close to it that when my feelings for Aaron increased, I started having cold feet. 

My mind constantly fought back every time Aaron takes a step closer into my heart. My mind was telling me not to be foolish and get heartbroken all over again. My mind begged me to get out of this relationship before it's too late, and yet the heart wants what it wants.

For so long, I fought along with my mind but my heart was yearning out to him and one day, the battle stopped and the heart won.

I've decided that if I want to be in a relationship, I am going to give my best to it. 
I might be making another mistake but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

- Casandra

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images